Friday, July 21, 2017

Week 3: 7/17/17 to 7/20/17

Monday night was the Silicon Valley Automotive Open, so most of the day was spent preparing for the presentation as well as making sure the bogies run well around the track. A few things caught my eye that night and the biggest was how much the track changed from 1:30pm to 7:30pm. When we first ran the bogies in the afternoon they had no problems around the track, but later that night the bogies were constantly getting stuck at certain places along the track. With further investigation, I noticed some of the components that hold the track together are broken. I plan to work on the track more next week.

Most of my time this week has been spent trying to debug the phone application program, with the status code 300 issue. My process involved watching numerous videos of Java programming and using Java as a guide when trying to understand Kotlin programming language.

I also managed to get another bogie put together (making our total bogies assembled up to 4) since we had one more Arduino Mega left. The new hall effect sensors had arrived this week and I got one set soldered with the correct wires matching the rest. I attempted to test the bogie Thursday afternoon, but the hall effect sensor brackets were too wide and restricted the bogie from moving. I will continue to work on this next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 5: 7/31/2017 to 8/4/2017

Progress this week (more details below): -DC motor issue research -Battery charge no longer lasts as long on the bogie research -Now able...